Friday, January 29, 2010

Of goods and sundry

Well for starters, its Friday! This weekend is what is being called by many "man weekend". A bunch of us are headed to Chase's farm house to ride 4-wheelers, play football like B. Favre and his friends in the Wrangler commercials, and shoot clay pigeons...plus I told Danny I'm going to shoot him with bird shot from a fare distance away. I missed this weekend last year. Well, I wouldn't say I missed it exactly, but I wasn't there. Carver was just a week old at the time.

By the way, Chase lives in The Sudan working for Samaritan's Purse. We get him for just a couple weeks a year...otherwise he'd have to pay taxes.

So for an update to my last post, all seeds of bitterness towards said employer have been burnt up in a fire. Now it is spring flowers. He makes all things new indeed. Amen and amen!

In other news, I am on a campaign to not feel older than my age anymore. I have been doing crossfit endurance workouts on a somewhat regular basis, and I am JACKED AND PUMPED ABOUT GETTING JACKED AND PUMPED BRO! AMIRITE?! POUND IT BRO!

And to really make this one of the most random posts ever, my 2010 list of goals, in no particular order...

- Run a half marathon or an Olympic length tri-athlon,
- get excellent marks in PA school,
- finish my thesis (this is by May),
- have normal cholesterol levels,
- and turn a couple-o-haploids into one diploid IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN BRO!!! (FIST POUNDS HIS BUDDY WHILE ADJUSTING HIS NERDY LABORATORY SPECTACLES).

8 comments:

Valerie said...

So glad to hear about both seeds of bitterness and the other kind. I love you. You crack me up!

Unknown said...

I love you too and you also crack me up! Can't wait to see how jacked up you get,EARS :)

Alfred said...

of goods and sundry?


whered u get THAT title?

Valerie said...

Where the crap do you think I got it?

Ethan said...

Oh sorry, that last comment was by me but I was signed in as my wife!

Alfred said...

oh i KNOW where you got it, bro


you copied the CRAP outta me.

but its ok, you also gave me some top notch reading material, so in a way I copied that from you.

Travis McKinney said...

are you guys having another baby?

Ethan said...

Right now? No, I'm at work and Val is just hanging out with Carver and Kennon. And as far as I know we won't be having one in the next 9 months either...as far as I know...hopefully...