Thursday, May 27, 2010

Retiring

Today is my last day at work. Did you know I blog at work? Well, if you're my future employer...no, I don't blog at work...blogs are for self-important post-college, pre-true-adulthood twenty-somethings.
Well, I'm super excited to not work here anymore. Of all the jobs I've had, this one seems the farthest from what "work" was supposed to be many millenia ago before we men-types were sent out to the east of Eden. The job that most closely resembled that old forgotten type of work was probably mixing and blending smoothies all those years...but still a pretty major stretch.
Anyway, we pack the moving truck tomorrow and abandon our roots here in Gainesvegas for a couple of years. I'm pretty sad about that part. I somewhat inadvertently think of myself as a leader, and so its hard for me to think of what Moe's Thursday will be like after we leave. And where will everyone watch The Office and 30 Rock...and is it fair for us to bring Bananagrams (TM) with us? Its not that I think I'm more important than other people...but who will fill the enormous void of terrible jokes and talking too much?
Here is what I'm pumped about, though:
My social circle consisting of Valerie, Carver and I,
Learning medicine,
Experiencing life outside of the colorful, lawless swamp,
Being an hour from mountains,
Living in a house again,
Finding hills to skateboard down.

OK, I have work to do. I'll see you later!

3 comments:

Lindzee said...

We will be in Greensboro, NC from Thursday--Monday, maybe we can swing over to Winston-Salem and see your new digs. When do you all arrive? Gainesville will definitely miss the Stonerooks, that's just a fact.

Ethan said...

Hey! We'll get there Saturday evening at some point. You should come over sometime Sunday or Monday! Give one of us a call for directions. It'd be great to see you guys.

kimberly said...

i hope the move goes smoothly! and that our paths can cross while you're living up this way. :)