Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bloggy McBloggerton

Well, maybe none of you read my blog anymore because the last time I wrote on here was during the Olympics. I am going to start writing on here again, though. I am starting out by changing the look of it. I think the blue is too dark.
Let me update you on what I do every day. I work for veteran's affairs, at their fee basis office. It exists for when veterans go to non-va facilities for their healthcare. This happens because they may live in Timbuktu, or the VA may not have what they need, or it may just not have room. Anyway, our office handles all of these cases that are "fee'd out". My job has to do with helping out the folks that determine inpatient eligibility for VA coverage. In case you accidentally skipped over the last paragraph, no need to worry, I can sum it up...
I work in an office building.

This has very very very little to do with Environmental Science, Ecology, Agriculture, Aquaculture, or much else that I spent my last 7 years studying, but for now that is ok. In those ways it is much farther than I anticipated being from my idea of making a living, but in other ways it is closer. By this I mean, it requires a certain amount of faithfulness to my family to work at a job that is not extremely spiritually or mentally fulfilling.
Here is a theory I have thought about a whole lot but have not been able to articulate well in my brain...
Food would be so much more of a reward if we were hungry for it because of our labor in producing it. According to Meyers and Briggs, you are allowed to disagree with me or not even understand me, which is fine. But what I am trying to get at in a round about way (although I have already arrived in my own brain), is that work is a good thing. It gives us an outlet to be faithful to our family, to community, to God...with our hands.
I can't wait for the day that I have earned my lunch by its making me hungry.

No comments: