Friday, September 26, 2008

Identity theft is a real crime, Jim!

I am reading a book called The Shack, by WM. Paul Young. It is very good. Eugene Peterson says it could be like Pilgrim's Progress for its generation.
Anyway, the reason I mention this is because when I was reading today, I came across a paragraph that somewhat directly challenged what I said in my last post. I happen to agree with the paragraph, and whatever extent it applies to my ideas that i wrote down yesterday remains to be judged. Anyway, here is what Jesus tells this guy...

"The world is broken because in Eden you abandoned relationship with us to assert your own independence. Most men have expressed it by turning to the work of their hands and the sweat of their brow to find their identity, value, and security. By choosing to declare what's good and evil you seek to determine your own destiny. It is this turning that has caused so much pain."

I'm not going to expound on this, because that would be even more bloggy of me.

BTW,
Go Gators.

3 comments:

Stan Putnam said...

Apparently, I should read this book. If I do and don't like it, I'll just tell you I never read it.

Ethan Stonerook said...

That is a perfect idea. Thanks for reading my blog.

aly said...

I love when we make up our minds about something and then God almost immediately challenges our thinking. Good posts, Ethan.