Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ascot Nation

As we were going to bed last night Valerie reminded me that I have to get used to the idea that we may run into some snobbery at Wake Forest, it being a private school and all. She then said, "You know, we went to UF, which is a great school, but its public...", which is when I cut her off before she said something she was going to regret. I said, "UF is the Harvard of the South, Valerie." And it was about that time that I realized that there are varying degrees of snobbery. Ouch.

On a related note, do you think they'll let us into the Wake Forest football games with our jean shorts on?

Also on a related note, I have a feeling that I'm going to be talking more and more about how sad I am to forfeit my membership in the citizenry of the bottomless jug that is Alachua County.

5 comments:

aly said...

I really like the title of this post...

Kathy said...

Aghhhhh! You accepted the spot! That's so awesome Ethan! You guys will be missed! But what an exciting adventure! I love NC and might be up there with in the year myself!

Ethan said...

Thank you, Aly. I thought it was quite clever, too. And thanks, Kathy. We are both sad and extremely excited.

kimberly said...

e-i'm pumped for you & i'm excited to hear more about what you'll be working on/studying! i hope our paths will cross up here in nc!

Travis McKinney said...

hey braznav, you're always an ACR in my book. no matter where you live.