Saturday, April 24, 2010

You probly think this blog is about you

From the looks of the box to the right, I've been getting a decent amount of visitors on the ole blog lately. I see you New Jersey. You too, Baton Rouououge (Strong Frenchy accent inserted). So I figure all you faithful readers deserve some more oftentude to my posting. Well, I'm done with my master's degree. That is unspeakably awesome. Hands down the most difficult thing I've accomplished...I think. I'm working on adapting the 120 page thesis to a 10-15 page journal article...which is hard so far. I can't tell you what a reward it is to be done though. Man. I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sending out graduation announcements, but if I did, I would say something like, "In lew of graduation gifts, please buy my wife whatever she wants. She deserves the world." Because honestly, at least I had some control over how long and how hard this process was. She just had to be supportive and wait. Way tougher.
So anyway, whole point of the post...besides rewarding your frequent visitation with something other than "The road goes on forever..." I've been telling Val for months that when we move I want to have a new style...or a style at all. Right now I wear t-shirts a lot because of their utility and surface area, which is useful for slogans and trademarks and stuff. I got a v-neck at Old Navy recently for $2, and Valerie gave me a new leather banded watch for Christmas, so I'm two items into my new style...and then today we went to Urban Outfitters in Ybor, which I don't think I've been to before, and I was like, dang. I didn't get any new clothes, but we got a cool blue "S" to put somewhere in our new house in The Dash, plus an end table for $5. But watch out. For the first time in my life I thought, "I get why people like to buy new clothes so much." Next time you see me I'm going to be Surf Party USA...or at least our house will be.
More to come later, including video of our new house (rental), and Carver trying to whistle (see Facebook). He said "moon" for the first time tonight. It was very high pitched, like, "Ooooh look at the moooooon!"

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Thank you for the shout out! I guess this blog is kind of about me...
Also, you should link to the surf party USA clip!