Thursday, April 29, 2010

We're venture capitalists from New Hampshire

When I was about 10 years old around Christmas every year I "harvested" mistletoe from the trees in our yard and went door to door selling it. I think for 50 cents a piece. Pretty good deal if it gets you a kiss with your crush, right? And when I was home from college after my freshman year, working at Smoothie King, I watched these guys come wash our windows, which took about 8 minutes, and they got paid $12. When I got back to Gainesville that August I started a window washing company. My free smoothie intake went down but the time I spent at work did too. So all of this is to say that I've decided to "monetize" my blog. This just means that I'm allowing Google to post ads on my blog, and for every million visitors that click the ads I'll make about a penny or something. I'm planning on getting rich on this, obviously. So, don't be scared if an ad appears that is really related to whatever post you're reading. Google owns all the information in the world, including stuff hidden in your brain...so prepare your link-clicking finger and your spouse, because you about to start buying some ish online. Actually all of the ads will probably be related to pest control or mail-order meats, because the only real content on this blog has been about the time I got chiggers or about my thesis (its about meat). Who knows, maybe I'll include ridiculous keywords and see what kind of ads it brings...because up to this point my keywords have always been very related.

I've decided to find an athletic goal to put on my goal list. Yes, I had put half-marathon or olympic length triathlon on there at the beginning of the year...but I'm not sure if I'm up for 2 hours of running or that ridiculous swim.
Also, I graduate Saturday with my master's degree. I'm going to be a jen-you-wine scientist. One of my long term goals fulfilled...the fruition of a seed planted by 3-2-1 Contact when I was 5. BOOMFREAKINGROASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you make me laugh. that is all.