Wednesday, April 9, 2008

You got no future, kid...

Last night I had a dream that me and my friends were all surrounded by a bunch of Auburn fans at a football game. It was horrible and they were beating us. I guess I had the dream because of the up and coming Orange and Blue game this Saturday. I wonder if I am absurd. Did you know that last year after we lost to Auburn, there was a little kid, maybe 7 years old standing next to me with Auburn clothes on, clapping to their fight song, and I told him he had no future. That is quite possibly the saddest thing you could do, tell a little kid he's got no future. My only comfort, retrospectively, is that he was 7 and probably didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
I think that my goal for this next football season should be to control myself, tongue and all.
Last week at Jai Alai I stood up and yelled at a player that Jai Alai was his occupation, and that he should get a clue. Although Jai Alai is more than likely rigged, and I did lose one whole dollar because of his mistake, I was acting quite absurd. I always think it is such a good idea right before I open my mouth, or I at least think I have the right to say whatever it is that just popped into my mind. But man, the feeling afterward is just terrible.
So, if any of you are with me at a sporting event, and I start to get mouthy, please nudge me in the kidney. I am giving you permission.
Oh, and if anyone wants to go to Jai Alai tonight, it starts at 7:00.

1 comment:

aly said...

Wow. I had no idea you were such a loose cannon. Maybe you should pray for that kid's future.