Thursday, October 1, 2009

October!!!

I LOVE FALL WEATHER!!!!!!!

A poem by Mr. Frost to commemorate this, our second real day of fall weather in Gainesville. This weather gets me more pumped than a lot of things. Add two cups of coffee to that and I start annoying my co-workers.

Gathering Leaves
By Robert Frost


Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.

I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.

But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.

I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?

Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.

Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where
The harvest shall stop?

2 comments:

Stan Putnam said...

Mr. Frost could have written that when he was living in Gainesville. He spent a lot of winters here. DROPPIN' DIMES!!

Ethan said...

Thomas Center...AMIRITE!?!?!