Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Everything's bigger in Texas...

At least that's what Texans think. Now, some of you may be from Texas, which is fine. I do know a couple of Texans that I really like. They are both A&M fans. The rest of Texas though? I say give it back to Pancho Villa. Last night after Texas' terrible display against THE Ohio State University Buckeyes there were three remarks made by Longhorns that are worth repeating.
The first one is from Quan Cosby, who caught Texas' winning touchdown:
"Ohio State is the best defense we've played all year," Cosby said. "They've got a ton of guys who are going to have great careers in the NFL."
Does this guy have any clue who he is talking about? This is the same defense (with some personnel changes) that got destroyed by LSU last year and The Mighty Fighting Gators two years ago.
Mac Brown, Texas' head coach said he will still vote for Texas with his number one coached poll pick. Is he running for class president? They almost lost the game! To number 10! Come on Mac!?!
The third remark was from Johnny Moxley himself. Heisman runner up who has less first place Heisman votes than Tim Tebow. He said that after last nights performance there is no team in the country that can beat them.
I really don't understand these folks. I can only hope that on Thursday we blow Oklahoma out of the water, and end all of the chitter chatter.
On another, more important note, we went to the hospital last night to see our friends Betty and Jon's newborn baby girl. Her name is Sawyer Grace. I picker her up when we walked in the room and she looked perfect. My first thought, honestly, was that we should arrange her marriage to Carver now, because I was instantly so amazed by her. Then my next 1000 thoughts had to do with how we could possibly get Val's water to break. I have never wanted anything as much as I want to hold, smell, see, and hear Carver.

5 comments:

aly said...

Awww. You are so sweet.

You should borrow our Jeep (which has virtually no shocks) and take her for a ride on a very bumpy road while eating Mexican food and drinking castor oil.

aly said...

Oh, and I will reserve my Texas comments because I have nothing nice to say. They think they're the greatest state in the country, but we all know that title is reserved for New Jersey.

Long live the Jerz.

Valerie said...

Aly,
I have another friend from the Jerz and I have to say I appreciate the pride (you 2 are exactly the same when it comes to your home state)! Plus, I do love Tina Fey & 30 Rock. We got Season 1 for Christmas. We should trade.

E, look who's writing! Way to go Pops!

Anonymous said...

This arrangement thing - does that mean I have to put together a dowry?

Valerie said...

That's totally up to you, Jon. We prefer goats to geese.