Saturday, January 10, 2009

Where palm and pine are blowing

Well, we fooled 'em again, huh guys?
Unlike Aly, who can't get into football, even Gator football (which is fine, really), I am pretty sure I actually bleed orange and blue. The reason for this is not some singular "I like Florida football because...", but is more of a beautiful matrix/web of wonderful things about Gainesville, its people, and its college football team. After the game the other night, as we ran around in the back yard at Shady Oaks throwing lawn chairs and each other into the air, Danny said to me something along the lines of, "So let me get this straight, we just won a National Championship again, and you're gonna be a father soon. I'd say life is okay huh?"
Amen and amen, Danny.

As a disclaimer, I do not think the goodness of life is dependent on Florida football.

No comments: