Monday, January 19, 2009

The first few days

Here are some things I have experienced in the past couple days…
My wife is the bravest person I know, and I cannot imagine something that is better for a marriage than coaching your wife through labor and delivery.
Watching my child being born will go down forever as the most incredible experience of my life. With a whole lot of reasons to be worried about the state of our world, this scoffs in the face of pessimism or worldliness. It is the most incredible proof that the foundation of our humanity is only love.
I cannot tell you how honored I feel. I will spend the rest of my life trying to deserve the role of dad in Carver’s life, and in the end I know I will still not deserve it.
Until now, when I have imagined God saying that He will never leave us or forsake us, I imagined His voice being very calm and matter of fact. Now I am pretty sure that when he says it, it is with a weeping and heavy thankfulness over us.
I have had a million new thoughts in the last 100 hours or so. I will only share a handful here, mainly because they are just too big and wonderful to share at all.
I can’t imagine having the desire to write about anything other than my wife and child from now on. That is why I’m changing the name of my blog. Plus, I feel like much more of a dad and a husband than I do anything else, so they take precedence over hypothesizing (my former aim). I hope you enjoy my thoughts about this from now on.
Here is Carver James Stonerook, asleep after some tummy time.

Buy Digital Prints

No comments: